There are many mobile applications available in the Play Store, App Store and individual websites. Users get confused that which app is good for their purpose as well as good for their device because there are many apps available online which will be harmful to the smartphones as well as their privacy and secret information. Work for Quality knows that this a common problem for all of us the smartphone users. So the Work for Quality presents the Common Test Cases for Mobile Apps, through this the user can check and Judge their app.
- Verify that the user is able to Download the build (app) or not.
— It is necessary to check this scenario because sometimes the application is not compatible with every device to download or build has some issue in downloading.
- Verify that the Compatibility of the device or phone (Android or iOS versions) according to the build (app).
- Verify that the Downloaded build is able to install or not.
- Verify that if storage space is less then, is there any issue while installing the software.
- Verify that if the internet connectivity is low or no then, is there any issue while launching the application.
- Verify that if the internet connectivity is low or no then, any validation message prompt to inform the user about the internet connectivity.
- Verify that the user is able to login with the same credentials on multiple devices at a time or not.
- Verify that the application is working smoothly in the device while multiple applications are working simultaneously.
- Verify that the Permissions seeking by the app while installing is necessary permissions for working of the app or not.
- Verify that if the user doesn’t allow the Permissions asked by the app then the app refuses to install or install successfully.
- Verify that when a user closes or kills the running application then that application is working in the background or not.
- If a user using an app on their phone for some time then verifies that the phone is getting hang or operating slower than usual.
- Verify that the phone is heating unusually or not by using the app in their phone for some time.
- Verify that the installed application is using unnecessary data (Mobile data or Wifi data) or not. Users can check the data usage of the application in the Setting of the Smartphone or iPad or Android tab.
- If the user launches the application on the Android or iOS device then verifies that a Notification is displaying in the Notification screen of the Android or iOS device (Phone, iPad, tab)
- If the user kills or closes the application from the recent screens of Android or iOS devices, then the user is trying to kill the notification that closed app then verify that the notification of related app is closed or not.
- If the closed applications’ notification is not closing then move to the setting of the phone and open the app setting and verify the app is still running or not, if still running then close it forcefully from the setting. Now check that the notification is closed or not.
- Verify that the application is trying to overdraw on other operational applications or not.
- Verify the UI (Design) of the app is stable and user friendly.
- Verify that the application’s view is in portrait mode or not.
We are looking for more test cases to check and trace the harmful apps and make the online world better.