- Compatibility Testing is testing the application in all the targeted environments (Platforms) to check whether it is working same as expected in all the targeted platforms or not.
- Compatibility Testing is also known as Cross Browser Testing and Cross Platform Testing.
- The platform is a combination of OS + Browser.
Example: Test the Gmail in below environments and platforms:
- OS + Browsers
- Windows OS + IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera Browsers
- Mac OS + FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera Browsers
- Linux + IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera Browsers
- Android + FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Android, UC Browsers
- iOS + Safari, FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Android, UC Browsers
- Usability means User – Friendliness.
- Check whether the application is having the user friendliness or not is known as Usability Testing.
- Test Engineer is responsible for providing usability with an application.