Third & Fourth Phase of SDLC “Software Development Life Cycle” – Part 3 is Design and Coding Phase.
- Architect or Chief Architect
- Architect will review all the requirements which are available in the SRS document.
- While reviewing (Read & Analysis) if any clarification is needed, he will take from either BA or PM.
- The architect will divide all the requirements into Modules and Sub – Modules.
- Module is a group of relates requirements / functionality.
- Once all the Modules are divided, he will provide the flow diagram of the project with the help of UML (Unified Modeling Language).
- It is also known as Architectural diagram.
- The above diagram / flow will be updated in a document called Design Document (DD).
- Development Team,
- Testing Team,
- Developers will receive the modules by development lead then they will develop the code for all the modules.
- Once the code is stable or working fine or no further updation are needed then they will check in into the Central Repository.
- The Development lead will checkout the code from Central Repository to his local system. Then he will built it and release the build to the Testing Team for testing.
- Repository means a storage folder.
- Central Repository means the folder which all the employees can access commonly.
- All the secured files will be uploaded into the Central Repository.
- The process of uploading the files from local system to Central Repository is known as Check in.
- The process of downloading the files from Central Repository to the local system is known as Check Out.