- Testing already tested functionalities on the Iterative and Incremental builds is known as Regression Testing.
It will be performed in two ways:
- Whenever the bug is identified, it will be reported to the developer. The developer will fix it and send it back to the Testing team. The Test Engineer will check whether the bug is really fixed or not.
- The Test Cases which are passed in the previous build will be tested again on the new build and check whether passed Test Cases working same as previous or not.
- Testing already tested functionalities is Regression Testing, Testing the new functionalities is not Regression Testing, it comes under Test Case execution.
Re – Testing:
- Testing the same functionality again and again with multiple sets of different Test data is known as Re – Testing.
- The data which the Testing team is using to test the application is known as Test data.
- Executing the failed Test Cases on the Iterative and Incremental builds is also known as Re – Testing.
- Testing the Gmail login functionality with multiple sets of different credentials.
- Test the create account module in Gmail with multiple sets of different users.