The process of executing the script step by step is known as Script Debugging.
Why use the debugging?
The Process of debugging is to identify the errors in runtime & also we can see the execution flow of the scripts.
If any error occurs while executing the Automation Test Script, so to find the error we have to Debug the code by using the steps given below.
Selenium Webdriver Script Debugging in Eclipse
Steps to Run the scripts in Debug mode
- Add the break point by double clicking on the specific line number.
- From the break point onwards the Automation script will be executed Line by Line.
- Now Right Click on the script >> click on Debug as >> select Java application.
- Click on Yes to run the Script in Debug mode.
- Click on F6 to run the script Line by Line.
- Click on F5 to Step-In into the Method.
- Click on F8 to run the script without Debug mode.
- To come back to the Normal window mode, Click on the Red button (Terminate button) in Debug section >> then click on Java.