Selenium configuration with Java to write Selenium RC & Selenium Webdriver programmes. We need below files to configure:
- Eclipse (Latest version needed)
- JDK or JRE 6/7/8 version or (Latest version needed)
- Selenium-Server-Standalone-2.48.0 jar or (Latest version needed)
- It is an editor to write the test scripts or programmes.
- Eclipse is standalone file (folder) not necessary to install it.
- To open Eclipse JDK or JRE should be installed in your system.
- Install the Eclipse IDE for EE developers.
JDK or JRE:
- JDK stands for ‘Java Development Kit’ and JRE stand for ‘Java Runtime Environment’ both are nothing but Java.
- Go to the path program files Java –“C:\program files\java”. Check for JRE 6/7/8.
- If it is not available then install JDK exe file based on system type.
Selenium Server Standalone:
- It is the actual selenium. It is combination of RC + Webdriver + Grid. It is also a standalone file not necessary to install and extract it.
- Extract the Eclipse and paste it in any desired drive.
- Check that Java is install in your system by navigation to below path.
If it is not available then install JDK.
- Create a folder with name ‘Lib or Library’ in any desired drive.
- Copy the Selenium Server Standalone jar file and paste in library folder.
- Go to the Eclipse then double click on the blue icon (eclipse exe.) to open, click on Run.
- By default eclipse will display some path in work space.
- Work space is the folder where all the test scripts will be stored.
- If required we can change the work place.
- Click ‘OK’ on the work space launder window.
- Click on ‘Work bench’ to navigate into Eclipse.