Webdriver is the most popular and necessary component of Selenium for Software Testing. It is widely used for Automation Testing in IT Companies; sometimes it is called Selenium 2. The installation and Project setup is same as Selenium RC. In this article Selenium Webdriver features and its commands have been discussed below.
Let’s know, what is the difference between Selenium Webdriver and Selenium RC including the advantages of Selenium Webdriver over Selenium RC?
Selenium Webdriver Features:
- We can work with all the latest browsers like Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera.
- Selenium Webdriver supports the different languages like Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, Python.
- It is not necessary to start the Selenium server to run the Webdriver program.
- Webdriver launches only the browser; it doesn’t launch the command history browser.
- By default, the Selenium Webdriver maximizes the browser to 14 inches monitor.
- By default the Webdriver handles the Page Load Synchronization issue, if it is a Page Refresh then we need to handle it by using sleep command.
- We can implement one class with Webdriver commands and Selenium RC commands.
- Selenium Webdriver is having the Auto Scroll Up and Down feature into the application while executing the scripts.
- We can effectively take the information from the application by using the commands get text and get attribute to validate the application.
get: It is to open the URL of the application.
quit: It is to close the Browser.
close: It is to close the child or Pop up window.
sendkeys: It is to enter some value in the text box.
clear: It is to clear the data from the text box.
click: By using this command, we can click on a Button, Radio Button, Checkbox, Image, link etc.
new select: It is to select the value from a drop-down and a list box.
- findelement (By.name (“Username”)).sendkeys(“test name”);
- findelement (By.name (“Username”)).clear();
- findelement (By.name (“Button”)).click();