Software Development Life Cycle – Part 1
It is a process used by IT companies for Developing any Software Project or Product.
It contains below phases:
- Requirement Phase
- Analysis Phase
- Design Phase
- Coding Phase
- Testing Phase
- Delivery and Maintenance Phase
PIN: Project Initiation Note or Project Intimation Note
Once the Team is ready with the Project Manager then he prepared an email which contains the Start date and End date of the project where it will be sent to the Client and High Level Management, then the SDLC will be started.
Roles Involved: BA (Business Analyst), Engagement Manager & Project Manager.
Business Analyst (BA):
- BA is responsible to collect all the requirement in Requirement Template Document (RTD).
- Once all the requirements are collected then the Client and Company will SignOff the Requirement Template Document.
- The SignOff RTD is known as SRS
- SRS is Software Requirement Specification, it is also known as Business Design Document (BDD) or Business Document (BD) or Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) or Business Requirement Specification (BRS).
- Once the SRS document is baselined (Complete), then the BA is responsible for POC (Proof of Concept).
- During the POC the BA will develop prototype & it will be presented to the Client.
- It is a rough and rapidly develop sample application.
- It doesn’t contain the actual functionality of the project.
- It describes how the project is going to be.
- The main purpose of prototype is to understand & collect all the requirements of the project.
Engagement Manager (EM):
- He / She is responsible to maintain the relation between the Client and the Company.
- He / She is also responsible to collect extra requirement and cost of the project.
Project Manager (PM):
- He is responsible to monitor the Phase.
- He will help BA & EM to complete their activities properly.