Video Call Feature is the most important feature in any communication application nowadays. This Feature is the Boon in this Corona Pandemic for everyone whether it is for Personal use or Professional use.
What is the Video Call feature?
People are now not only limited to talk to anyone on the call, they can also view the caller and the activity happening on the caller side in the real-time, so that they can enjoy the moment and/or help them to feel and understand the current situation on the other side of the call.
How to do use of the Video Call feature?
Video calling is done by the Video Calling Software applications which are available in the open source market. There are many applications available that give the Video Calling feature like Google Duo, Go To Meeting, Google Meet etc.
We have to install and use these applications in our Mobile Devices or Desktops/Laptops or iPad etc. as per the instruction given in their respective websites or platform. It works very well on the good internet connectivity.
Advantages of the Video Call feature:
1. We can connect with our Family anywhere, anytime due to Video Calls.
2. This feature is most important in the Work From Home culture in the Corporate world to connect with the Colleagues, Managers, Employees, Clients.
3. We can connect with the Doctors whenever in need to get the proper consultation and guidance.
4. Online Leaning Classes for the kids and learners are possible due to this feature.
5. Court proceedings happening on the Video Call as well so that everyone’s time saves.
Disadvantages of the Video Call feature:
- Excess online meeting through Video Call leads to the mental fatigue.
- Sometime many people appear themselves while Video Calling in un-professional way.
- Sometime some applications or some user record the Video call through Recording feature or Screen recording without letting know to the other participants.
- Battery drains very quickly of the device due to the Video Calling.
- Devices getting heated too much due to the continuous Video call.
There are many messaging applications available which are also giving the free video calling function like Whatsapp, Skype, Microsoft Teams etc. We have to choose the correct application for the use of Video Calling, therefore I have mentioned some of the Test Scenarios of Video Call or Video Call Test Cases.
Test Scenarios for Video Call feature in the app:
1. Verify that the Video call feature is available in the Device.
2. Verify that the fast internet facility should be available in the device.
3. Verify that the Video Call application must be available in the device (Mobile, iPad, Laptop, Desktop, Tab etc.)
4. Verify that the Camera should be available in the Device whether it is Front Camera, Rear Camera or Webcam.
5. Verify that the Microphone should be available in the device for the video call. So that user can hear and talk on the call.
6. Verify that the Caller and Receiver both have the facilities of Video calling featured devices, Applications, Cameras and Microphones and the fast internet availability to support the video call.
7. Verify that the Caller and Receiver both have the same Video calling application.
8. Verify that the both the users have their contacts in their app or registered in their app.
9. Verify that the Video calling option appears in the Contact info of any selected Contact in the list.
10. Verify that the Video calling function in the Video calling app to the selected Contact available in the Video calling app.
11. Verify that the correct Video visible with the correct Audio audible while video calling.
12. Verify that there should be no any interruption or cropping in the visible video with audible audio.
13. Verify that the audio should be correctly synchronized with the video.
14. Verify that there should have an option for the Group calling.
15. Verify that there should have an option for adding another contact in the ongoing video call.
16. Verify that there should have an option for Leave from the ongoing video call in the Group.
17. Verify that there should have an option for Removing anyone from the ongoing video call in the Group.
18. Verify that there should have an option for self Mute in the ongoing video call.
19. Verify that there should have an option for self close Camera in the ongoing video call.
20. Verify that there should have an option to Mute any contact from the joined contact list of ongoing Group video call.
21. Verify that the Device heating issue due to an ongoing video call.
22. Verify that the Device hangs issue due to ongoing video call.
23. Verify the Video Call Recording feature in the Group call.
24. Verify the Video Call Recording feature in the one to one call.
25. Verify that all the participants should have the notification for the call recording on their screen.
The Video Call feature is very important in today’s scenario. There are numerous advantages of this feature but there are some disadvantages or limitations with this feature. With the help of above given test cases, user can check their video calling app and choose the correct app for their use, so that nobody can use the disadvantages of this feature against other users. We should have to use this feature for our benefit and success.
The Video Call feature is a fantastic feature when used wisely.