In IT, companies are using Selenium over QTP to automate their Test Cases, so let’s know the difference between Selenium and QTP and why companies are giving priority to the Selenium automation tool instead of QTP (Quick Test Professional) automation tool.
- Selenium is an Open Source automation tool.
- Selenium supports multiple languages like Java, PHP, C#, Python, Ruby and HTML.
- Selenium supports multiple browsers like Mozilla Fire Fox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
- Selenium supports multiple Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, Mac.
- It supports Web Application and Mobile application.
- It is more flexible and extendable than QTP.
- By using Sikuli or Auto IT tools, we can automate desktop applications also.
QTP (Quick Test Professional):
- QTP is a commercial and costly automation tool.
- QTP supports VB Scripts only for automation.
- It supports multiple browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- It supports only Windows Operating System only.
- It supports Desktop applications, Web applications and Mobile applications.
- It is flexible and extendable.